A clogged toilet is enough to shut down your whole family. While there are many reasons that toilets clog, one thing is for sure: when they do, you need an expert to fix the problem quickly. At Zing Plumbing, we've been unclogging toilets in Tucson, AZ, for years, and we're standing by ready to help you too.
If you're sick and tired of your bathroom looking the way it does, check out our bathroom remodeling service for fresh ideas.
How to Prevent Clogged Toilets
The last thing a family wants to suffer through is a clogged toilet. Fortunately, you can prevent most clogs by following these simple steps.
- Only flush human waste and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Don't flush foreign objects.
- Flush large loads in two flushes.
- Be aware of slow drains that indicate a clog deep in your drain line.
- Call a residential plumber if you have frequent clogs for an inspection.
What to Do When Your Toilet Doesn't Flush
A toilet that refuses to flush is a common household problem that we deal with. If your toilet doesn't flush at all or only partially flushes, try the following:
- Check the flush handle and see if it's too loose or too tight.
- Check the flush lever lift arm and see if you have to adjust it.
- Make sure the lift chain is attached to the lift arm. If it's tangled, untangle it.
- Watch the flapper and make sure it seals the inlet valve tightly. If not, you may need to replace the flapper.
If you've tried everything but still have no luck, call us and let us see what the problem is.
Are your drains slow? Do you experience frequent clogs? If so, check out our drain cleaning services for expert help.
Benefits of Replacing Your Toilet
While a new toilet may not seem like a worthy upgrade to your home, the truth is that nearly half of your water usage occurs in the bathroom, and almost 30% of that usage comes from the toilet. A great way to save money and add value to your home is to upgrade your toilet. If you have a toilet installed before 1992, you use 3.7-7 gallons with each flush. Today's high-efficiency toilets use only 1.28 gallons. Call us to find out how much you can save by upgrading your toilets today.