Hot water is almost as essential as electricity. And when you’re without hot water, it seems like you can’t do anything. Fortunately, if you’re in the Tucson, AZ area, there’s a team standing by ready to help. Call Zing Plumbing if you need a new hot water heater installation or maintenance on your current unit.
When pipes freeze, there’s a danger of bursting. Check out our burst pipe repair service for expert help.
When Do You Need Water Heater Replacement?
If you’re like most people, you don’t ever think about your water heater until it stops giving you hot water. And when it stops, your whole family is inconvenienced until you’re able to get a replacement. The trick is to replace your water heater before it fails. The best indication your water heater needs replacing is its age. If your water heater is over 12 years old, consider getting a new one before it’s too late. Other signs it’s time for a new water heater are:
- Dirty or rusty water
- Water doesn’t get hot like it used to
- Water takes too long to get hot
- Water tank emits popping or banging sounds
How to Best Maintain Your Water Heater
Nobody likes the thought of their water heater failing, but it happens. However, if you follow these tips, you can ensure your water heater gives you years of reliable service and save you a few bucks on your energy bills.
- Set your thermostat to 120 degrees to save money on your heating bill and reduce the stress on your heater.
- Flush the tank once a year to remove sediment.
- Insulate the water heater, especially if it’s an older unit, to increase efficiency and reduce wear and tear.
- Call a plumber for regular maintenance.
If you have a stubborn drain clog that doesn’t respond to drain cleaners, check out our drain cleaning services for professional results.
Call Us If You Notice These Water Heater Red Flags
A water heater is a necessity, which is why it’s essential that you call a professional residential plumber at the first sign of trouble for a repair. Take note of these water heater red flags.
- Water has a foul odor
- You see flakes of metal or debris in your water
- There is water leaking at the base of the tank
Don’t try to repair a water heater by yourself; leave it to the pros! Call Zing Plumbing for water heater repair in Tucson, AZ.