Many homes use municipal water sources, which are high in minerals. Hard water leaves calcium deposits on faucets and fixtures and can leave your skin and clothes dry and itchy. If you want better quality water, consider calling Zing Plumbing and ask about a water conditioner for your home today.
If you’re sick of looking at your chipped, yellowing tub, check out our bathroom remodeling services to find out how we can help.
Problems With Hard Water
Although hard water isn’t bad for your health, it can be a nuisance to deal with. Water described as hard is water with high mineral content, mostly calcium and magnesium. These minerals build up in pipes, clog showerheads and faucets, gunks up appliances, and can make your clothes hard and itchy because the soap doesn’t fully wash out. Also, glasses and dishes may come out spotty after a wash. If you’re sick of these problems with your water, consider installing a whole home water softener.
How Water Softeners Work
A water softener or whole house system reduces the mineral content of water by a process called ion exchange. When the hard water flows into the system’s mineral tank, it flows over polystyrene beads that are charged with sodium ions. The negative charge of the beads attracts the positive charge of the minerals, and the system pulls the minerals out of the water, leaving it soft.
Stubborn drain clogs need tough solutions like our drain cleaning service.
Benefits of Whole Home Water Softeners
Now that you know why so many people dislike hard water let’s look at five key benefits you get by getting a water conditioner to treat your home’s water.
- Reduces Wear & Tear: Hard water shortens the lifespan of your appliances and pipes, making them fail prematurely.
- Saves Time Cleaning: When you have hard water, you get scale buildup on your fixtures and shower doors. Soft water means you spend less time cleaning off this buildup.
- Better Skin & Clothes: Washing in hard water can leave clothes dry and stiff and your skin itchy. Washing in soft water gives you cleaner, longer-lasting clothes, and better skin.
- Cleaner Dishes: Hard water leaves behind spots when it dries, but that’s not much of a problem with soft water.
- Saves Money: Think about appliances ruined by hard water and how often they must be replaced. You save money by extending the lifespan of your appliances when you use soft water.